Friday, September 29, 2006

Last weekend of spring.....



Dudes.
Well, it's been a while since I rapped at ya. I been awful busy either working all the time or falling asleep with a glass of the Glen Livet in hand. It's friday night and next week our population will double with new staff and plenty of scientists (hereafter referred to as beakers). We had a crazy wicked blizzard for the last couple of weeks, here is a video I took when I may or may not have been wearing a t-shirt. You guess.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1981935649327202480

Here is another one of the same blizzard, but on a different day.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7759991268774775708


After the blizzard, we had the nicest day we've had since I got here. By a stroke of luck, this was the day all of us janitors were scheduled to take a tour of some of the scientific outposts. The ring or halo around the sun is a phenomenon known as a 'Sun Dog,' but I don't really see the resemblance.

We also got to go inside the 'golf ball,' which is the main satellite dish. Here is a rather long and large video of it tracking a satellite.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=
-8138804913662948469

Anyhow, not much really to talk about. I'll just list a few pictures real quick, because it's last call right now.


Black Island and White Island

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse, every time I tried to look at the photos it shut down internet explorer. But from what I could see it looks beautiful.
Miss you and love you lots
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

send more more videos, that was kick ass. And i agree, send some of you talking your friends. I miss that shit grin of yours.
later dude,
E

Anonymous said...

Hey Jesse

Wow really cool videos!!

Anonymous said...

These are crazy things, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just met someone who says they know a guy that works with you. She said that this guy also looks like a well groomed mountain man, and is named Eric. Crazy, huh?
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Is it there yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse,
Any ideas for Christmas???
Books? Candy? CD-R's? Boxers?
What would the time frame be for us sending you a Christmas box?
I know this seems like a very public place to post your Christmas ideas but maybe you'll get more "stuff". How tacky was that.You can send it to me directly...ceo4320..you know the rest. I really am enjoying your blog and comments from your friends ! We miss you but you are never out of our thoughts. I do have pictures of your last night in Denver so we can look at that adorable mug of yours whenever we want!
Miss Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hey,boy! I am astounded at the photo of the lights of McMurdo! The video of the satellite was breathtaking! Wasn't it scary to be next to that behemoth when it started to move? Like others, I want to see your impish grin in the videos. Can't get email to work, right now. Do you lose your privileges if you let it go too long? Particularly missing you right now. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

This fucking guy needs to update his blog. For seriously.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Will...

Anonymous said...

I'm with these dudes man. Lame-o.

Anonymous said...

hey jesse . . . we have been thinking about you a lot. Your vidoes and pictures are really cool. Looks like you are living the life. Peace Man!

Much love Sarah and Miah

Anonymous said...

will is right. both about the videos and the updating........

my boss used to work in antarctica.
um yeah. i don't know why i said that.

miss you dude.
-mikaela